Hello, from sunny Cumbria, England!
| Pale pink Hellebore - herald of Spring copyright Bernadette Adams 2021 |
So having done the usual British thing - starting a conversation talking about the weather, I will now tell you a bit more about this Blog. Well, it's a personal indulgence. When you get to your late sixties and have managed not to catch Covid-19 (yet) and expire prematurely, you start thinking that maybe you should just throw caution to the wind, and put your thoughts down somewhere for posterity. Someone may read it, some may not. I hope someone finds something of interest here.
My main interests now are embroidery and gardening - so expect quite a lot of that. In the past I have enjoyed travelling, so there may be the odd essay about something or somewhere that has caught my eye, or inspired contemplation on the meaning of the Universe. My background is in science and I have studied various subjects in depth, including the Royal Artillery in World War 1, Scottish History of the seventeenth century, and investing on the stock market. So you can see that my interests are randomly eclectic.
Basically, if I think something is worth writing about, I will put it down here.
I am a firm believer in the maxim "I may not agree with everything you say, but I will defend to the death(?) your right to say it". I hope you find what I say interesting, but I do not expect everyone to agree with everything I say. Please be polite when you express any arguments. In my opinion, good manners are the badge of civilization!
Have a lovely day!
Detta
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please comment here. All comments are moderated, so there may be a delay in responding to your comment.