![]() |
| The everyday, red bell pepper. Something we normally don't give a thought to. Now that we are only visiting the supermarket every few weeks, maybe it's time to grow our own? |
But when disposing of the remains of a long past-it pepper, I just wondered if the seed from it would grow. Nothing to loose - so I thought I would give it a go. And it worked! So we have two pots of seedlings to pot on at some point.
![]() |
| Bell pepper seedlings |
Whilst we are on the subject of using stuff we normally throw away (Guilty as charged, I'm afraid!), I am quite proud of the fact that everything in this picture has been re-used or recycled. The pots have been used several times before; the container is an ice cream tub, washed out and re-purposed, and the label has been cut from the lid of the same ice cream tub. Saving plastic waste and money! Even the compost is made from re-cycled waste materials - it says on the bag.
How well these experimental plants produce satisfactory fruit, remains to be seen. Updates later on in the year!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Please comment here. All comments are moderated, so there may be a delay in responding to your comment.